Tuesday, April 27, 2010

English 101.25 Extra Credit - No Time

My six word story comes from a song by The Guess Who. Here is the extra credit prompt:

"Write your own six word story that will serve as the title to your portfolio. let it somehow communicate your writing journey, the subject of your papers in your portfolio, etc. let your imagination run wild. have fun with it. then, to actually get the extra credit, you'll need to provide a brief explanation (a short paragraph) that tells your reader how this six word story is representative of the experience that is your portfolio."

Seasons change and so do I

This six word story is representative of my writing journey this semester because I began not looking foward to English 101 class at all. I knew I was a decent writer, but not the greatest in the world. But throughout the entire course this semester, I was able to focus more to improve my writing, and figured that putting your own spin on writing is a good thing. It gives your words a unique voice that isn't like the standard 5-paragraph essay. This relates to my portfolio because in the three papers I selected, I had to change all of them drastically. By this, I mean I originally had an idea I thought would serve it's purpose in the topic. However, by getting some input from Rachel and consulting my own thoughts, I changed the overall meaning of every paper. Sure it's a ton of work, and thus far I'm only finished entirely changing one paper. It will be a lot of work to put my portfolio together, but in the end I believe it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment