Friday, March 26, 2010

English 101.25 - A Message

The topic for this blog comes from the point where all of our books/shows/movies are supposed to convey a certain message that impacts or influences American culture, or culture in general. Here's the prompt:

What is your topic for the research paper? How does this topic currently impact American culture (or another country, if that's where you're going with this)? How is your book/show/movie different from all of the other books/shows/movies out there like it? How is it unique? What specific cultural issue will you be addressing in your research essay and why is it relevant TODAY?

My topic for the research paper is the movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I decided to pick this particular film because I remember as a child going to Disneyland and Disneyworld, and that those places made me really happy. All of the makings put into those places had to start somewhere, and the first animated film by Walt Disney was Snow White. Disney impacts the entire world because the messages it conveys in the films, such as perserverance, determination, and accomplishing goals. All of the Disney animated films reach out to children in some way, shape, or form. Snow White is different from all the other movies out there because this is where the Disney legacy started, inspiring others to produce animated films and being creative. In my essay I will be specifically addressing the messages that Disney movies convey to children. These Disney films continue to bring revenues from the movie theaters and inspire other attractions at the parks worldwide as well.

2 comments:

  1. First of all I love Disney movies! Kind of weird but I keep all of my family's Disney movies in my room because I watch them all the time. It's really cool how you chose Snow White, especially because it was the start of Disney which is really huge now. I also like how you encorporated Disney as a whole when talking about the impact. I think that is really important to talk not only about Snow White but what the movie is a part of. I also like that your centering your argument on the impact of children but also talking about the broader impact worldwide with the theme parks and attractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I am doing all of the research, I wish I would have chose a more upbeat and exciting topic to talk about. Disney movies used to be my favorite when I was a kid, and I really like how you chose the beginning creation of them by choosing Snow White. I could see a very good research paper that could come from this topic.

    Your ideas about how it has influenced our culture and will continue to influence us is right on. Going to disneyland was like a fairy tale, and the disney characters made it that much better. For children, disney is the main channel they watch and like you said their motivation. Good topic and good luck with your paper.

    ReplyDelete