Saturday, January 16, 2010

ENGL 101.25: Collide


I got the title for this blog because I have to start blogging for my English class (completely different from what I expected) and because "Collide" is a great song I can relate to. My name is Jonathan Martz, although I prefer to be called Jon. I like Jon because it is less writing to do when it comes to filling out papers and to me it just sounds better. I was born on December 16, 1990 in Merrian, Kansas; yes I am a country boy at heart. But as time went on I turned into a city boy as my family and I moved to Maple Valley, WA. We lived there from 1994-2006, where we once again moved; this time to Normandy Park. I am currently a freshman at WSU majoring in International Business. Also, I act as an Resident Advisor (RA for short) in Streit-Perham (yes, freshman can be RAs too). I enjoy playing sports and music.

My writing career has taken many twists and turns, going from being highly interested in elementary school, to hating it in middle school and junior high, to finally coming to terms with it in high school. My favorite writing class that I took was during my senior year of high school, in which I took Creative Writing. I really had a blast because I had some limitations to my writing, but not many. Normally for papers or essays you have to write on a specific topic that usually is not interesting (which is why I have disliked writing for many years). I just want to be able to put my own spin on writing assignments in English 101. I like taking various memories and moments of my life and putting them into writing. As for my attitude, I am not looking foward to this English Class because it is more work than I expected. Plus, being an RA and putting as much time into my classes this semester as I did last semester is not exactly the greatest combination in the world. But being a student comes first; besides, I have to keep up my grades for my scholarships and in order to get into the Business Program here.

So here's to the beginning of my second semester of college. Hopefully it continues to go as well as it has been so far.

1 comment:

  1. I see you enjoy rocking the green bosox hat. Good choice. Like you I took a creative writing class. Didn't have the same experience. But we kept journals and that was nice. I wrote some funny stories. I can spin a pretty good ball of yarn if you know what I mean.
    International business would be pretty tight. Don't you have to study abroad for that? I want to study abroad, but it's hard for an engineer. But good luck anyway.

    ReplyDelete