Sunday, January 3, 2010

Seasons Change

So far this winter break has been nothing shy of interesting. Whether it was having my girlfriend meet my parents or learning various things about people I never thought were possible. All I know is that somehow I survived my first semester at college, and there will be more moments waiting for me.

As for the point of seasons, the changes bring new excitement and perspectives that shed light on to our lives. It can range from looking back on something and realizing what exactly went on or see instances from another person's point of view. As for me, I've learned some incredible things over break. First my grandpa is in the early stages on alhs heimers (spelling?) and he seems to ask the same things over and over again. Also, he called me Byron several times throughout the course of Christmas Day. Second one of my friends is pregnant, or so she tells me. I really don't know what to believe from her nowadays. I remember her being such a nice and sweet girl freshman year of high school, but she's really let things go in her life. It seems choatic with every new thing that is thrown at her. I really wish sometimes I could help, but then again, she's doing this to herself right? If I can't really influence her, is there a point in trying?

Over break, it seems there are other people that have changed too. One of my other good friends just seems different. I can't put a finger on it exactly, but I just sense something. We barely talk even though I seem to wonder what is exactly up with them. I guess I should just keep more thoughts to myself. Then there's my brother...wow this guy. He's changed probably the most out of anyone I've ever known. Obviously I've known him for 19 years practically, but I remember him being a nice guy trying to hang with me a lot, and now he just tends to do his own thing. It's whatever he wants. He just will never know that I always wanted to be more like him when I was younger. But now as I see it, I've somewhat emerged above and beyond him. Even my parents think that; it's just interesting what happens in time.

I'll be back to the frozen tundra of Pullman by this time next week, and back to the regular college life once again. The landscape constantly changes, and people so rightfully do the same. I guess it just takes some time to adapt to one's new surroundings.

"Seasons change and so do I, you need not wonder why..."

No comments:

Post a Comment